1. Don't flash bills or carry loose money in pocket.
2. Carry wallet in your inside coat pocket (men) or at bottom of purse (women).
3. Be suspicious of anyone who jostles you unnecessarily.
4. If you realize your pocket has just been picked, scream. Hook will usually drop wallet and run.
5. Remember, the pickpocket depends on your inattention for his success. Be wary of crowds.
6. Keep large quantities of cash in bank, don't keep it on your person. Remember, the dip or hook will try to distract you while robbing you, covering up his own actions by reading a paper or book. Fairs, crowds, buses, trams and subways are their stamping ground.