When feeding the baby-------
1. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before starting to prepare the milk formula.
2. Prepare enough formula for only one feeding at a time when storage facilities are not available.
3. Use sterile feeding bottles and rubber nipples. The bottles should have been boiled 15 minutes, and the rubber nipples for 5 minutes. If available, a sterilizing solution may be used instead.
4. Use boiled water for the formula mixture.
5. Never leave the rubber nipples exposed to flies. Cover them with a nipple cap or a clean piece of cloth when not in use.
6. Wash the feeding bottle and the rubber nipples immediately after use, so that they do not attract flies.