1. Avoid spitting around. It is one of the best ways of spreading harmful microbes or germs.
2. Observe personal hygiene and teach everyone in the household proper health procedures like washing hands.
3. Avoid crowding.
4. Keep rooms well ventilated and clean.
5. Illnesses should be considered contagious until the diagnosis is definitely made.
6. At the first sign of illness in any member of the household, isolate him as much as possible and separate his linen and utensils.
7. The sick should be attended to and treated at once.
8. Further instructions on the prevention or spread of a particular disease may be obtained from the attending physician or from his assistants or paramedical personnel as details will vary from illness to illness.