1. Cut down on calories but don't cut them out. Peoplecan reduce on plain, common-sense diets by simply consumming less.
2. Begin with smaller servings of those foods especially generous in calories fatty meats, baked goods, sweets, etc.
3. Expend more calories in physical activity, especially aerobic exercises such as walking, jogging, cycling, swimming and rope-skipping.
4. Recognize that some people gain weight far more easily than others and that some people lose weight more easily. Follow the program that is most realistic for you.
5. Weigh yourself on a reliable set of scales once each week. Let them be the judge of your success.
6. Make up a motivation list including the greatest benefits you will achieve from weight reduction. Review it thoughtfully everyday.