1. Try to have as much rest as possible. Adequate rest builds up resistance and hastens recovery.
2. Diet should be light and must include plenty of water and fruit juices.
3. Have enough clothing on for warmth.
4. Keep dry and avoid exposure to drafts.
5. Discomforts as difficulty in breathing, sore throat and hoarseness usually accompanying a cold may be relieved by steam inhalation.
Common cold is one ailment that can result in serious respiratory complications. A cold is a common upper respiratory infection caused by a virus. It may be brought about by sudden changes of temperature, exposure to cold and dampness, fatigue, weakened resistance, poor ventilation and lack of exercise.